A former high-level rugby player in the UK, Phil has enjoyed a varied career within the fitness and elite sporting industries. He has taught and lectured for many years and has coached athletes across a range of sports, including cycling, running, triathlon, football and rugby. Phil founded the Mansfield Sports Institute, based in Denmark. This is a coaching and education provider specializing in the field of physical training and sports performance.
In this episode:
Coach Phil joins us in this episode for a fascinating discussion regarding training methodology used within endurance cycling directed towards boosting and tracking physical performance, including:
- how strength training can play a part in endurance cycling performance
- primary fitness and athletic factors that are important for cycling performance
- transition phase cycling training sessions and how these may be structured
- key factors in avoiding over-training
- the role of off-bike training in helping benefit performance
If you enjoy this expert interview episode, then please rate the show and share it with your friends so they can benefit from this free information. Your comments and feedback are always welcome. Please subscribe to the Fit to Succeed podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM or the full version on You Tube so you will receive each update immediately upon release.
Connect with Phil on Social media:
Check out Phil’s podcast show to learn more about him and benefit from further elite training knowledge
During the show we referred to using Garmin cycling trackers. Here are 2 of Phil’s recommended cycling computers available through Amazon: